Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Nike Apple watch version 3- Mileage errors

Regarding my Nike Apple watch, It consistently records a mileage that is greater than the mileage I have actually run. Is there any fix for that?

Apple Watch Series 3, iOS 11.3.1

Posted on May 28, 2018 4:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 30, 2018 4:16 AM

Hey runsalot,

Having your Apple Watch record accurate measurements is the only way to keep up with your goals. I'd be happy to help out.

In this situation, there are great steps on this article to help with accuracy on your Apple Watch goals:

Get the most accurate measurements using your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Let me know the results.

Cheers!
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 30, 2018 4:16 AM in response to runsalot

Hey runsalot,

Having your Apple Watch record accurate measurements is the only way to keep up with your goals. I'd be happy to help out.

In this situation, there are great steps on this article to help with accuracy on your Apple Watch goals:

Get the most accurate measurements using your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Let me know the results.

Cheers!

May 30, 2018 4:36 AM in response to MoonJ.

Your reply was very helpful, but I thought my Nike Apple watch had GPS that would calculate the mileage for outdoors running. Either the GPS is accurate or not. My watch is updated to the current version so it should be in line with the current satellites.

I am running in areas where GPS should easily be available and is for folks using other brands of GPS devices. The course is also mile marked. Other runners using Nike Apple watches get the same results I do which are clearly incorrect. On an 8 mile run my Nike watch will record about 8.25 miles. Since the mileage in incorrect, the pace calculation is also incorrect.

Is this a flaw of some nature? I find it difficult to believe others out there are not having similar issues.

Nike Apple watch version 3- Mileage errors

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.