Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I sent a picture message and won’t stop receiving read receipt message

I get a message every hour for over 24 hours

Posted on May 28, 2018 4:31 AM

1 reply

May 29, 2018 8:45 AM in response to Mgaot

Hey, Mgaot.

I see that you keep receiving a message that the photo you sent from the Messages application on your iPhone has been received. I'm happy to help.

How to force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch -- First, force close Messages application if it's open, then -- Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch -- Restart your iPhone. Once it's returned to the Home screen, test the issue.

Use Messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch -- If the notifications persist, you can hide the alerts, or delete the message.

Hide alerts

To stop receiving message notifications, you can use Hide Alerts. Go to the conversation that you want to mute, tap User uploaded file, then turn on Hide Alerts and tap Done. When Hide Alerts is on, User uploaded file will appear next to the conversation. This stops notifications only for that message conversation, not your device. You’ll still receive all other messages and see notifications for them on your Lock screen.
User uploaded file

Delete a message or conversation

When you delete a message or conversation, you can't get it back. So make sure that you save important information from your messages.

To delete a message, follow these steps:

1. In a message conversation, touch and hold the message bubble that you want to delete, then tap More.
  2. Tap User uploaded file, then tap Delete Message. If you want to delete all messages in the thread tap Delete All, in the upper-left corner. Then tap Delete Conversation.

To delete a single conversation, swipe left over the conversation that you want to delete, tap Delete, then tap Delete again to confirm. Want to delete more than one conversation at a time? Open Messages and tap Edit in the upper-left corner. Then tap the circle next to the conversation and tap Delete in the bottom-right corner.

Take care!

I sent a picture message and won’t stop receiving read receipt message

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.