Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacKeeper Popups on my Mac

I am getting occasional MacKeeper popups on Google Chrome and it is extremely annoying. I tried clearing all cookies, cache, and history, did a full clean using Malwarebytes, but I still keep getting those popups. What else can I do? Please, no ad-blockers.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X El Capitan (10.11.3), Manufactured Nov 21, 2015

Posted on May 28, 2018 6:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 29, 2018 8:37 AM

MacKeeper is one of the most aggressively and unethically marketed products in the Mac world. You will find MacKeeper ads and pop-ups all over the web, generally on less-trustworthy sites. This is generally not due to something installed on your computer, and the solution is to pay attention to the site(s) you're on when these pop-ups happen, then avoid it/them.

If it's happening on legit sites, including site's like Apple's sites, then you may have an issue with your computer or your network.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 29, 2018 8:37 AM in response to hieurock11

MacKeeper is one of the most aggressively and unethically marketed products in the Mac world. You will find MacKeeper ads and pop-ups all over the web, generally on less-trustworthy sites. This is generally not due to something installed on your computer, and the solution is to pay attention to the site(s) you're on when these pop-ups happen, then avoid it/them.

If it's happening on legit sites, including site's like Apple's sites, then you may have an issue with your computer or your network.

MacKeeper Popups on my Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.