Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 7 Plus Dual Camera

I have an Iphone 7 Plus. It's only 1 year old and the front camera is not working. When I select turning around the camera for selfies, screen turns black and won't change until I exit the function. How can I fix?

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 11.3.1

Posted on May 28, 2018 7:01 AM

3 replies

May 29, 2018 9:41 AM in response to Caito.Gonzalez

Hello, Caito.Gonzalez.

It's my understanding that your camera isn't working on your iPhone 7 Plus. Being able to capture those moments is important and I have an article that can help address this issue, check it out: Get help with the camera on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

You see a closed lens or black screen

If you see a closed lens or black screen when you open the Camera app, try these steps:

1. Make sure that there’s nothing blocking the camera lens. If you’re using a case, try removing it.
  2. Force the app to close, then open the Camera app again.
  3. Restart your device, then open the Camera app again.
  4. If your device has a front and rear camera, try both cameras by tapping User uploaded file. If you see the closed lens or black screen on only one camera, take your device to an Apple Retail Store or Authorized Service Provider for more help.
Try this and let us know if it helps.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Cheers!

Jun 5, 2018 11:49 AM in response to Caito.Gonzalez

Hello, Caito.Gonzalez.

Thank you for giving us an update on what happened. If you have any concerns or issues with the repair services provided, I'd recommend reaching out to Apple Support . Also, a 1-year warranty is standard in most regions, even a month after it expires it's still considered out-of-warranty. You can find more information about Apple's warranty with this link: Hardware Warranties

I hope this helps and reach out to us again here in Communities if you need help with anything else.

Cheers!

Jun 5, 2018 10:56 AM in response to sterling r

Sterling

Thanks for your response. Unfortunately it doesn’t seem to work.

I just visited a local Apple retailer in Argentina and given my phone is 1 month past the year since I bought it, the solución would be to replace the camera and it should be fully paid by me.

Is this accurate by Apple standards??? this sounds very shocking considering I thought I was buying one of the best phones in the market.

Can you help me out please?

Iphone 7 Plus Dual Camera

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.