Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

weather app add button is greyed out

Over the years I have been using an iPhone, I have added places to the weather app/widget, some permanently and some for only short periods - eg when I am going there for a wee while, eg on holiday. Today I tried to add my next destination, but the add/plus sign is greyed out. I've deleted the app, rebooted the phone, and added again. Still the same. I have removed the app from Widgets, saved, rebooted the phone, and added the widget. Still the same. I even tried deleting some of the older places, thinking maybe there's a limit now, but to no avail. What's happened to my weather app/widget?

iPhone SE, iOS 11.3.1

Posted on May 28, 2018 7:12 AM

2 replies

May 29, 2018 10:06 AM in response to Annie1904

Hello Annie1904,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

I see that you are having an issue with the Weather app and adding a new location. In looking at the troubleshooting that you have already done, the only thing left would be to restore the iPhone to factory settings. The following support article will walk you through the steps. Make sure that you follow the steps in the "Get your device ready" section, especially the part about making a backup.

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings

Best regards.

May 29, 2018 2:10 PM in response to Leanne_68

Thanks, Starr.C. I'm off to France in a couple of days so don't really have time to do this before I go - certainly not if I don't want to risk making an error! I have downloaded the BBC Weather app in the meantime (and its doing fine), and relegated the naughty widget to another page. I'll have another look at the links you sent in a week or so. In the meantime, thanks again.

weather app add button is greyed out

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.