Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

In Chrome, MacKeeper ad erases Words with Friends. I remove all cookies involved but they return. I turn off 3rd party cookies. Does not help.

In Chrome, MacKeeper popup add erases Words with Friends. I went into settings and removed cookies pertaining to MacKeeper ads. Also turned off 3rd. party cookies. It comes right back. I rebooted mac. Did not help. Only seems to come on Words page.

Posted on May 28, 2018 7:54 AM

1 reply

May 28, 2018 8:09 AM in response to nolotzer

You have 2 problems (possibly more), first MacKeeper is considered malware by most experienced users. Locate the developers uninstall instructions and uninstall it. Mac OS was designed to be EXTREMELY secure and does not require any cleaning, antivirus, or ANY third party maintenance utilities. Apps such as MacKeeper can (and sometime do) harm Mac OS!

In addition Chrome is a known RAM hog, consider using Safari which is designed to run much more efficiently.

Finally, if you are experiencing problems you may want to do the following:

Please post an EtreCheck report of your system and we can look for any obvious issues. Please click the link, download and run the app and then post the complete report it produces as your reply to this message.

In Chrome, MacKeeper ad erases Words with Friends. I remove all cookies involved but they return. I turn off 3rd party cookies. Does not help.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.