Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

extract url from hyperlink

Is there a way to extract the URL from hyperlinked text? I'd like to use a formula referenced to hyperlinked cells to get the URL, if possible.

Posted on May 28, 2018 8:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 28, 2018 9:59 AM

I haven't found a way to extract URLs via formula.

But if you are on a Mac you can extract them with this Extract URLs for Selected Cells Automator Service (Dropbox download).

To install the service, double-click the downloaded .workflow package and if necessary give permission at System Preferences > Security & Privacy. Also make sure 'Automator.app' is listed and checked at System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy > Accessibility.

To use the service, simply select the cells with the hyperlinks and choose 'Extract URLS for Selected Cells' from the Numbers > Services menu. Then click in the upper cell of the range where you want the urls to be listed and command-v to paste.

If you want to remove the service from your Mac, in Finder hold down the option key and Go > Library > Services and delete the way you would any other Finder item.

SG

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 28, 2018 9:59 AM in response to nolee524

I haven't found a way to extract URLs via formula.

But if you are on a Mac you can extract them with this Extract URLs for Selected Cells Automator Service (Dropbox download).

To install the service, double-click the downloaded .workflow package and if necessary give permission at System Preferences > Security & Privacy. Also make sure 'Automator.app' is listed and checked at System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy > Accessibility.

To use the service, simply select the cells with the hyperlinks and choose 'Extract URLS for Selected Cells' from the Numbers > Services menu. Then click in the upper cell of the range where you want the urls to be listed and command-v to paste.

If you want to remove the service from your Mac, in Finder hold down the option key and Go > Library > Services and delete the way you would any other Finder item.

SG

extract url from hyperlink

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.