Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Although I am paying monthly for extra storage I am not receiving it, please help

although pay extra monthly for increased storage on my devices I am not receiving it, I still only have 16GB - I’m paying for 50GB - any advise would be appreciated

iPhone SE, iOS 11.3.1

Posted on

Question marked as Apple recommended
Answer:
Answer:

Physical storage on an iPhone cannot be changed.

What you are paying for is iCloud Storage which is not directly on your iPhone, but on Apple Servers for iCloud. i.e the place online where iCloud backups are kept.

If you go to Settings->Account(top of Settings)->iCloud, it should show you the extra storage you are paying for.

Again this does not in any way affect or modify the physical storage on your iPhone.

Posted on

Question marked as Apple recommended

May 28, 2018 10:57 AM in response to ursulafromwaterville In response to ursulafromwaterville

Physical storage on an iPhone cannot be changed.

What you are paying for is iCloud Storage which is not directly on your iPhone, but on Apple Servers for iCloud. i.e the place online where iCloud backups are kept.

If you go to Settings->Account(top of Settings)->iCloud, it should show you the extra storage you are paying for.

Again this does not in any way affect or modify the physical storage on your iPhone.

May 28, 2018 10:57 AM

Reply Helpful

May 28, 2018 11:01 AM in response to ursulafromwaterville In response to ursulafromwaterville

The physical storage on your device and the iCloud storage are two completely different things. One cannot substitute for the other. You cannot add more "physical" storage to your device through iCloud. Once you buy a device you are stuck with the storage on that device. It cannot be upgraded or expanded.

Manage your iCloud storage - Apple Support

May 28, 2018 11:01 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: ursulafromwaterville

Question: Although I am paying monthly for extra storage I am not receiving it, please help