Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music library

I’m using iPad 5th generation operating on ios11.3.1, I can’t sort my music library according to artist, I check the artist box in the settings but it’s never done, how to fix that ?

iPad Air Wi-Fi, iOS 11.3.1

Posted on May 28, 2018 10:33 AM

3 replies

May 29, 2018 10:36 AM in response to safi.mk

Greetings safi.mk,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities! I understand you're not able to sort your music library by the Artists category as expected with your iPad.

The following guide will show helpful information on how to sort your music library: Library - iPad User Guide

User uploaded file

Browse and play your music. Tap the Library menu, choose a category, such as Albums, Songs, or Music Videos, then tap Play. Tap the Shuffle button to shuffle music in the category. Tap the player to show the Now Playing screen.

View more categories. Tap the Library menu, tap Edit, then select additional categories.

Sort your music. Tap the Library menu, choose Playlists, Albums, or Songs, then tap Sort.

If you're still not able to sort your music as expected after reading through the guide, let's have you restart your iPad and test the behavior once more: Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Let me know how the provided steps work for you.

Kind regards.

Jun 7, 2018 3:08 PM in response to MoonJ.

Hey, thanks for ur time 🙂

I did what you said before and did it again after I restarted my ipad but nothing changed

I go to music > library > edit > “ check artist category > done

and then when I press library again to choose “ artist “ I don’t find it at all even tho it’s checked :/

anything else I can try ?

Music library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.