Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro 2011 will not start.

Hello

My MacBook Pro from 2011 (removable battery model) won't start up. There are no signs of life APART from a very slight clicking from the fan. I've removed the back cover to have a look and I can see the fan pulsing (very slightly) when the power button is pressed down. Before it stopped working, the battery was in need of replacement. The laptop had also been plugged in over the weekend and there had been a power cut in our building.

Things I have tried

1. Changing the battery to a new one (No change)

2. Reset the PRAM / SMC Controllers (No Change)

3. Checking Hard drive (SSD Upgraded) - I took it out and connected it to another Mac, no issues.

4. Checking RAM modules (2 of 8GB each) - I took them out and put them back in again ensuring no unclean connectors etc.

Can't think of anything else. I have an appointment at the Genius Bar on Friday - but as it's a model from 2011, I don't know if they will still help.

But; anyway - is there anything (besides knocking it about a bit - no thanks) that I can do to get up and running again? Any ideas left other than 'just fried circuits'?

Many Thanks

Suhayl

Mac Pro, iOS 11.3

Posted on May 28, 2018 12:30 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

MacBook Pro 2011 will not start.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.