Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Mac Pro late 2013 keeps shutting down

Hi Guys,

Hopefully someone can advise me.

I have a Mac Pro late 2013. Recently it was repaired by Storm Front (authorised repair centre ) for what turned out to be a faulty i/o board as Thunderbolt ports werent working.

But ever since I’ve had it back it literally just turns itself off after intamitantly.

I never had this problem before the repair. It’s been back to the repair centre again last week and they did manage to recreate the problem once, but they reseated the ssd and then stress tested for 2 days and was fine. I had it back and all was good for a day and then yesterday in the middle of a paid studio session happened again... and again...

and again. So I’ve Booked another genius appointment but wondering if anybody had a clue to what it might be. I’m at my witts end. I’ve tried to do a fresh install of Mavericks as advised by the engineer.... which was a mistake as now it keeps powering down half way through install. 😢

Posted on May 28, 2018 12:55 PM

Similar questions

14 replies

May 29, 2018 8:23 AM in response to Grant Bennet-Alder

No there’s no kernal panic not prior spinning circle of doom just powers down. Then sometimes won’t power back up at all even after smc reset. All the ports light up but the power button. It can happen at anytime doing anything. I’ve took all the external hardware out of the ports (sound card etc) and it still does it when nothing is plugged in not even the display. 😢

My Mac Pro late 2013 keeps shutting down

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.