Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Having issue with iPhone X camera

I am facing issue with IPhone X camera which is not working with any app even facing with FaceTime also where I will be on and once connected with others it will be off and you have to go to app again to start. But with other apps it is not at all working. Any suggestions how to fix this??

Posted on May 28, 2018 11:46 AM

2 replies

May 29, 2018 10:59 AM in response to rolisinghunnao

Greetings rolisinghunnao,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities! I understand the camera on your iPhone is not working as expected with FaceTime, and other applications.

If you notice the camera is not working as expected while using the Camera app, in addition to FaceTime and other applications, let's have you go through the troubleshooting steps in the following guide: Get help with the camera on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

You see a closed lens or black screen

If you see a closed lens or black screen when you open the Camera app, try these steps:

1. Make sure that there’s nothing blocking the camera lens. If you’re using a case, try removing it.
  2. Force the app to close, then open the Camera app again.
  3. Restart your device, then open the Camera app again.
  4. If your device has a front and rear camera, try both cameras by tapping User uploaded file. If you see the closed lens or black screen on only one camera, take your device to an Apple Retail Store or Authorized Service Provider for more help.

If this behavior only occurs while using FaceTime and other applications, the following support article offers helpful troubleshooting suggestions: If an app unexpectedly quits, stops responding, or won’t open

Let me know how the provided steps work for you.

Kind regards.

Jun 3, 2018 3:55 PM in response to raina_b22

Hi Becky,

Thanks for your reply. I did try re-starting the Phone but its didn't work out. Even today I have faced sever issue when I was taking to my family in FaceTime and I had few other apps open (ex. whatsapp, TVFPlay) they caused FaceTime camera to stop working. There were few videos were playing and I switched to FaceTime and when I faced this issue I need to close all running apps and then FaceTime app, I was able to get back to camera; which I feel is bad because in that case multi-tasking in not allowed by Phone 😟😟.

Having issue with iPhone X camera

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.