Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Passcode on brand new iPhone wont work - havent even entered the 'correct' passcode once since getting phone. It will not interact with the iTunes store so I cannot restore the device (iPhone 8) - do not care about losing any data

I bought a new iPhone 8 yesterday through my phone company U.S. cellular. The passcode I created will not work and I am locked out of my brand new iPhone- I have not even once been able to put in the correct passcode. I cannot restore the device because it will not interact with iTunes and everytime I try to do so it locks me out for 15 min again. Pressing the vol up & vol down buttom plus the side button only promps me to turn the device off. I do not care about losing any data I just want to be able to use my new phone

iPhone 8

Posted on May 28, 2018 11:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 28, 2018 11:38 AM

Have you tried the recovery mode method in If you forgot the passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your device is disabled - Apple Support ?

The other option if that won't work is to return it /exchange it since it is so new and would be within the time of their return policy.

2 replies

May 29, 2018 7:30 PM in response to kamrynfromiowa

Once your iPhone is disabled, you are out of options. Your only choice is to erase it and start over.

Connect the iPhone to a computer with the latest version of iTunes running. This means to use a genuine Apple Lightning cord and connect the phone to a USB port on the computer. The computer will have iTunes version 12.7 or later running. You can locate the version number on the computer by clicking on the iTunes menu (top left) and choosing 'about iTunes'. On a Windows computer, you'd choose Help and then About.*

iPhone 6 or older:

Hold down the power button and the home button on the phone

> keep holding - the screen will go dark

> keep holding - the Apple appears and then disappears

> keep holding - the iTunes logo with the cord appears on the phone screen

> let go - Once the iTunes logo is on the screen of the iPhone, you can let go of the buttons.

iPhone 7:

Hold down the power button and the volume-down button on the phone

> keep holding - the screen will go dark

> keep holding - the Apple appears and then disappears

> keep holding - the iTunes logo with the cord appears on the phone screen

> let go - Once the iTunes logo is on the screen of the iPhone, you can let go of the buttons.

iPhone 8 or newer:

Press and quickly release the Volume Up button.

Press and quickly release the Volume Down button.

Then, press and hold the Side button until you see the recovery-mode screen.

There is a prompt on the computer screen that says there is something wrong with the iPhone.

On the computer, select Restore and follow the prompts. This will erase the iPhone, and you will lose all of your content and settings.

The iPhone will be ready when it says hello on the iPhone screen.

*If the iTunes version is older than 12.7, go to http://www.itunes.com and choose the Download button to download the latest version. Install it before starting to restore the phone.

Passcode on brand new iPhone wont work - havent even entered the 'correct' passcode once since getting phone. It will not interact with the iTunes store so I cannot restore the device (iPhone 8) - do not care about losing any data

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.