Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Still a Problem—Smart Keyboard

I’m having the same problem, but my Smart Keyboard isn’t under warranty. Does anyone have any suggestions?

null-OTHER, Smart Keyboard

Posted on May 28, 2018 12:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 29, 2018 11:35 AM

Hi—so I went to the Apple Store today here in Houston (Willowbrook). They checked my serial number for my Smart Keyboard. Apparently this one falls under their ‘quality program’, meaning they were able to swap it out at no charge even after the warranty ran out! AWESOME! Thanks for your help (typing on the new keyboard now!)

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 29, 2018 11:35 AM in response to sberman

Hi—so I went to the Apple Store today here in Houston (Willowbrook). They checked my serial number for my Smart Keyboard. Apparently this one falls under their ‘quality program’, meaning they were able to swap it out at no charge even after the warranty ran out! AWESOME! Thanks for your help (typing on the new keyboard now!)

May 28, 2018 4:22 PM in response to sberman

My apologies—I thought it would continue in the same thread I was looking at. Back In January 2016, I purchased a Smart Keyboard for my iPad 12.9” Pro. Lately,I’ve been getting an alert ‘this accessory is not compatible’ or something similar when my keyboard is connected. When it’s not, my iPad is fine. I did. As the chat person suggested and called Apple Care, but was told because my keyboard is out of warranty, I could try and take it to the Genius Bar, but they doubted anything could be done. I will take it in tomorrow and see if they can do anything. I’m hoping they can—that’s $170 down the drain if not. 😢

Still a Problem—Smart Keyboard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.