Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i force restarted my phone and when it turned back on it said 'connect to iTunes' and when i tried it said that i need to enter the passcode on the device

i force restarted my phone and when it turned back on it said 'connect to iTunes' and when i tried , it said that i need to enter the passcode on the device

Posted on May 28, 2018 1:29 PM

1 reply

May 29, 2018 11:23 AM in response to Dillon345

Hello Dillon345,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities! I understand that you are seeing the connect to iTunes screen on your iPhone, and you are unable to enter a passcode once the device is connected to iTunes. Having full use of your iPhone is important, and I would be happy to point you in the right direction from here.

Try restarting your iPhone again, this time holding the buttons down for at least 10 seconds. If you still see the connect to iTunes screen after, update your iPhone in recovery mode following the steps here:

If you see the Connect to iTunes screen on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

This process will attempt to reinstall the iOS on your iPhone without erasing any data. Updating in recovery mode will also bypass the need to enter a passcode at this time. Keep us posted with what happens from here.

Cheers!

i force restarted my phone and when it turned back on it said 'connect to iTunes' and when i tried it said that i need to enter the passcode on the device

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.