Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iMessage says inactive

My iMessage on my MacBook Pro receives text and iMessages but when I attempt to send one I get a message saying my "iMessage is not logged in" and it tells me to sign in. I click the sign in button and it shows me signed in already. However, in the left side of the box it shows my Apple ID and next to iMessage it says inactive. I can't click on this tab to see why. I have logged out and back in. I had a verification code when I first set up the iMessage app on my MacBook. I have checked all the settings any help link suggests, on both my phone and my MacBook; nothing looks out of line. Can anyone lend a suggestion, please?

MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017, 2 TBT3), macOS High Sierra (10.13.4)

Posted on May 28, 2018 12:01 PM

1 reply

May 29, 2018 11:18 AM in response to tonifromgreenville

Hi there, tonifromgreenville!
Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! It sounds like you are having issues with Messages showing inactive on your MacBook Pro and I am happy to help! I recommend taking a look at this article for troubleshooting steps you can take for your issue If you can't sign in to your iMessage account or FaceTime on your Mac.
Let me know the results and take care!

My iMessage says inactive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.