Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to get forgotten password on IPhone 5s that doesn’t have a home button

i need to access my old iPhone but can’t tem my password and the home button is messing so I can’t connect it to iTunes

Posted on May 28, 2018 1:08 PM

1 reply

May 29, 2018 11:19 AM in response to 28060601

Greetings 28060601,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities! I understand you've forgotten the passcode for your iPhone. Additionally, you've mentioned the Home button on your iPhone isn't working.

The following support article gives helpful information for when a passcode is forgotten for an iPhone: If you forgot the passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your device is disabled

If you're not able to complete the actions from the previous article do to the Home button not working, the following guide offers helpful suggestions for troubleshooting the Home button: About the buttons and switches on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

What to do if a button or switch isn't working

1. Restart your device. If you can't restart your device, try to force restart it.
  2. Remove any protective films and cases that might block the button or switch.
  3. Check for debris or dirt around the button or switch, and clean with a soft cloth.

If the button or switch still isn't working, is damaged, or works intermittently, you might need to set up service for your device. Contact Apple Support, then follow the steps to complete your service request.

As mentioned within the article, contacting Apple for further assistance may be needed if you're unable to get the Home button to function as expected.

Kind regards.

How to get forgotten password on IPhone 5s that doesn’t have a home button

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.