Question: Cannot get Google mail set up on iPhone
I cannot get my Google mail on iphone 6s+/IOS 10.3.3 (Note I have loaded this email before, on the SAME software version, so please don't just blow me off that that is the problem).
Tried two ways:
- "Add account" selecting "Google", after entering password, servers, etc on "next" it jumps back to the same screen to add...like nothing ever happened...argh...
- "Add account" with the link "other" - after entering password, servers, etc on "next" I get an Error says "Cannot send email" - smtp server failed." (I know about setting up servers - smtp and imap). Arghh.... I tried everything I could think of:
- I changed the port for SSL, since it needs it, to 465
- I tried using "mail.google.com"
- I allowed unsecure access in google
- I said no to the 2-step verification
I googled for answers, nothing worked - and I was on the phone with Apple for two hours, they couldn't help. They told me to contact Google...that's a joke, no one can get them. Can someone please address this?? Google and Apple should be talking!!
iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 10.3.3, software version is not the problem