Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can pull up an album or playlist but cannot get shuffle to turn on

How do you get “shuffle” to play an entire playlist or album? I get the light colored shuffle icon but can’t get thr red one

iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 11.3.1

Posted on May 28, 2018 2:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 29, 2018 11:44 AM

Hello Mike,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities! I understand that you have questions about playing an entire playlist or album on shuffle. Being able to listen to and enjoy your music how you want is important. I would be happy to help.

When playing music on your iPad, the red Shuffle button appears on the Now Playing screen. The following resource provides additional information about this behavior:

Play, repeat, and shuffle music - Apple Support

Specifically, check out the steps in this section:

Open Now Playing on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Android phone

When playing music on your iOS device or Android phone, a player appears at the bottom or lower-right corner of the screen. Tap the player to open Now Playing. From the Now Playing screen, you can control playback or volume, turn on shuffle or repeat, download the song, and more.

User uploaded file

Shuffle songs

Open the Now Playing screen and scroll down.

Tap User uploaded file to set Music to always shuffle a list of songs selected. Any album, playlist, or set of songs will play in a random order.

If shuffle is on, you'll see User uploaded file. To turn it off, tap the button until you see User uploaded file.

Let us know if you have questions from here.

Cheers!
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 29, 2018 11:44 AM in response to mikefromavinger

Hello Mike,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities! I understand that you have questions about playing an entire playlist or album on shuffle. Being able to listen to and enjoy your music how you want is important. I would be happy to help.

When playing music on your iPad, the red Shuffle button appears on the Now Playing screen. The following resource provides additional information about this behavior:

Play, repeat, and shuffle music - Apple Support

Specifically, check out the steps in this section:

Open Now Playing on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Android phone

When playing music on your iOS device or Android phone, a player appears at the bottom or lower-right corner of the screen. Tap the player to open Now Playing. From the Now Playing screen, you can control playback or volume, turn on shuffle or repeat, download the song, and more.

User uploaded file

Shuffle songs

Open the Now Playing screen and scroll down.

Tap User uploaded file to set Music to always shuffle a list of songs selected. Any album, playlist, or set of songs will play in a random order.

If shuffle is on, you'll see User uploaded file. To turn it off, tap the button until you see User uploaded file.

Let us know if you have questions from here.

Cheers!

I can pull up an album or playlist but cannot get shuffle to turn on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.