Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Refurbished or not?

I purchased an iphone 7 plus recently and I have a doubt that I purchased a refurb one based on its model number. What confused me was, when I checked some iphone 7 plus in authorized store of apple, they also got a different model code that starts from "C" and "D"...I read some articles that if the model code of your iphone starts with "F" it means it is a refurbished iphone. I have checked the status of my phone on apple website, its warranty, etc, and it was all good. Also I talked to apple customer representative, they have told me that my phone was all god. I am really confused if my phone was a refurb or not based on its model code.

Posted on May 28, 2018 4:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 28, 2018 5:15 PM

If you did not get it from Apple it could easily be a refurb. That shouldn't matter, as long as you have a full one year warranty when you check it at Apple - Support - Check Your Service and Support Coverage

4 replies

May 28, 2018 5:11 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

Thank you for this information Sir, I was just skeptical on my iphone since my friend was the one who bought it for me. And the store was not authorized by apple since that is only one of the distributor store. But I am hoping that my phone was not a refurb. I got 1 year warranty based on the information that I have got from apple representative itself. Anyways, thank you for this info.

May 28, 2018 5:28 PM in response to measury

What makes you think it was a refurbished? If it starts with an M it's a retail device as originally sold by Apple. F means it was an Apple-performed retail refurb, and that overrides the previous model number. A replacement device (N) could mean either new or a refurb.

If it was some aftermarket refurb, it would maintain whatever model number from the last time Apple distributed it.

Refurbished or not?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.