Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Bluetooth: not available"

Recently, every few days when waking my 2015 MBP, it does not connect to my wireless keyboard. Trying to reconnect it, I often get the error "Bluetooth: not available". Sometimes sleeping the computer brings back Bluetooth, other times I have to restart the computer. The problem seems to be worse since pairing the keyboard with a Mac mini a few weeks ago, but it started before that. I searched Apple Support, found nothing relevant. Google search turns up articles recommending deleting /Library/Preferences/com.apple.Bluetooth.plist, or resetting SMC, but these do not solve the problem permanently. Is this a hardware problem? Appreciate knowledgeable advice.

MacBook Pro, macOS Sierra (10.12.6), 2015 MacBook Pro

Posted on May 28, 2018 6:29 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

May 29, 2018 1:53 PM in response to Davipo

Hi there, davipo!
Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! It sounds like you are having issues with the Bluetooth showing not available on your MacBook Pro and I am happy to help out! First, take a look at this article with steps to follow to Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac. This will perform checks and stop certain software from starting up automatically. Once you are in safe mode, check to see if the issue is still happening.
Also, check out this article with steps for How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac to create a new user and test the issue in the new account to see if the issue is user specific or system wide. You should also check out this article for How to reset the System Management Controller (SMC) on your Mac as well as this article for How to reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac - Apple Support.
Let me know the results and have a great day!

"Bluetooth: not available"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.