Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unpairing a Bluetooth accessory.

Hi,

I deleted my Iphone from my cars blue tooth by mistake. I think I need to remove the blue tooth accessory in order to reconnect my blue tooth. I have four accessories listed under my blue tooth, and I'm not sure which one I need to remove without taking off the wrong one. So my question is: In which order are they listed on the Iphone? What I mean is the most recent accessory at the bottom of the list, or at the top? Please advise.

Thanks,

Tom

iPhone 6 Plus, Mac OS X (10.7.5), ONSTAR App Download from Itunes

Posted on May 28, 2018 7:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 3, 2018 3:04 PM

Hi Phil0124,

I checked my Iphone Bluetooth order when I went into my Traverse as it was the first Bluetooth connection I used in 2011. It showed it linked to the bottom of the list, so I knew my most recent connection to Chevrolet My Link was the one at the top of the list, meaning the most recent links are listed at the top. I deleted the Chevrolet My Link at the top of my Bluetooth list. I was then able to Re Pair my Iphone.

Tom

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 3, 2018 3:04 PM in response to Phil0124

Hi Phil0124,

I checked my Iphone Bluetooth order when I went into my Traverse as it was the first Bluetooth connection I used in 2011. It showed it linked to the bottom of the list, so I knew my most recent connection to Chevrolet My Link was the one at the top of the list, meaning the most recent links are listed at the top. I deleted the Chevrolet My Link at the top of my Bluetooth list. I was then able to Re Pair my Iphone.

Tom

Jun 3, 2018 10:35 AM in response to bigfrog01

They are ordered alphabetically. Nothing more.

Most cars should appear in the bluetooth list with their brand name however. In my case I have a Mazda 3 and a Tucson, and A Ford Edge.

The only one that does not appear with the name is the Ford Edge. It shows up as Sync, which is Ford's media center software name.

Otherwise, your car should appear by its manufacturer name or its media center software name usually.

Unpairing a Bluetooth accessory.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.