Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Boot Camp stuck at partition

Hello Guys!

I'm having an issue and I need some help here.

I have Mac mini with High Sierra OS

User uploaded file

I wanna run windows using Boot Camp, but it's stuck at partition.

User uploaded file

What you needs to know:

- I Boot Camp before successfully ,but I made a mistake picking the drive and ended up deleting Mac OS

- I couldn't restore from Internet recovery for some reason even by using 8.8.8.8 as DNS

- I booted High Sierra and reinstall it using boot usb and erased Macintosh HD

My Drivers currently after a new format and reinstall:

User uploaded file

may someone please me help me to fix this issue with partition, brought them to default ones and success with Boot Camping.

Mac mini, macOS High Sierra (10.13.4)

Posted on May 28, 2018 7:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 28, 2018 8:42 PM

The partition layout will not work with BC Assistant. A 2012 Mini requires a Hybrid MBR, which requires that you have only three partitions on your disk - EFI, macOS and Recovery HD, before BC Assistant will create one for Windows.

One option is to convert current disk0s2 (3.1Kb) and disk0s3 (16.8MB) to Free Space and try to absorb it into Macintosh HD.

Similar questions

24 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 28, 2018 8:42 PM in response to Tony.0ll0

The partition layout will not work with BC Assistant. A 2012 Mini requires a Hybrid MBR, which requires that you have only three partitions on your disk - EFI, macOS and Recovery HD, before BC Assistant will create one for Windows.

One option is to convert current disk0s2 (3.1Kb) and disk0s3 (16.8MB) to Free Space and try to absorb it into Macintosh HD.

May 29, 2018 3:34 AM in response to Tony.0ll0

After Run First Aid, and choose 36GB in partition (I have only two options 8-36 GB) I was able to partition in BC. However, in Installing I didn't know what to choose to put windows in as long as every drive say " can't be install during something about NFTS format " so I formatted a drive disk0s4 which is the BC and put windows inside it. It works, but I didn't get BC inside windows to install the drives and to switch to MacOS. I don't know what the mistake I did.

May 30, 2018 4:23 AM in response to Loner T

"Can you reset SMC and NVRAM and test in macOS and then switch to Windows and test?"

That happens whenever I install the updates for windows or BootCamp. When I restore the prev version, they started to work again (Keyboard&Trackpad) when I install the updates it happens again. I fixed and discovered that there are 2 methods

1- Whenever windows pairing give a code for pairing on display ( type it on keyboard and then press enter ) it will pair directly.

2- back to previous version also would fix the issue.

but for Trackpad, I have no idea how to pair it since Windows ask to allow pairing then stuck whenever I hate allow.

Thank you so much Loner T for helping me Partition and making BootCamp correctly and perfectly.

Boot Camp stuck at partition

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.