Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Need my old apple ID back.. however I don’t have the device that it was hooked up to.

So I used to live with my dad but we got in a lot of fights so he kicked me out in November. Consequently, I had to get a new phone, and tried to sign into my apple account that I had used on the phone that was set up through my dads plan (which had $40 in iTunes money on it) using the correct username and password but it wouldn’t let me because I couldn’t get the code from the device that my account was originally hooked up to. Am I completely screwed here?? There’s no way I can get that phone back so I can type in the code I need to reactivate my old account. I don’t know what to do.

Posted on May 28, 2018 7:59 PM

1 reply

May 29, 2018 2:31 PM in response to namadste

Hi namadste,

Thank you for contacting Apple Support Communities. Based on what you stated, it seems like you do not have the original device so you are not able to receive the code on the device. If that is the only trusted device, you can use the recovery method in this article.

If you can’t sign in, reset your password, or receive verification codes, you can request account recovery to regain access to your account. Account recovery might take a few days or longer, depending on the specific account information you can provide to verify your identity.​

Get a verification code and sign in with two-factor authentication

Cheers.

Need my old apple ID back.. however I don’t have the device that it was hooked up to.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.