Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacOS mouse cursor randomly flickers with links

I have been having this weird problem for about 6 months now, running the latest version of macOS. I have tried multiple wireless and wired mice, I have already taken it to the Apple store with no luck yet. I have wiped the HDD, and reinstalled macOS from scratch and still have this issue when clicking links or hovering over them.

During hardware tests at the Apple store they discovered my SSD was failing and replaced it under warranty, however after I picked it back up and they assured me the problem of the cursor was also fixed, at home it was not. I then wiped and reinstalled the OS again, and set it up as a brand new system instead of restoring from my backup to make sure it wasn't software related at all. However even with nothing, it still had the problem. It also occurs in safe mode. Again this happens on multiple user accounts, with multiple mice (wired and wireless). I cannot think of anything else it could be other than hardware inside the iMac itself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpt85lE4mrU

Here is a video of the problem when clicking on links, the cursor is very erratic

iMac with Retina 5K display, macOS High Sierra (10.13.4)

Posted on May 28, 2018 9:09 PM

Similar questions

There are no replies.

MacOS mouse cursor randomly flickers with links

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.