Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How is my sisters phone number different on find my friends than the one she has Now

I have a iPhone x and share my location with my sister , she owns a iPhone 5se and her location bounces around a lot at night plus her phone number apeara different than the one she has now .

iPhone X

Posted on May 29, 2018 2:27 AM

1 reply

May 29, 2018 4:20 PM in response to Geodelarocha

Hello, Geodelarocha.

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

It's my understanding that your sister's iPhone on Find my Friends is showing a different phone number than the one she currently has along with the location bouncing around a lot. This could be explained. First, go to your sister's settings on her iPhone if possible. Go to Settings > Privacy > Share My Location > From and you should see which device she is sharing from. This may have the old number listed.

As far as the location bouncing around a lot, check out this article for more information: Get help using Find My Friends

If a location is old or inaccurate

You might not see a device's current location if it needs to update in iCloud. Wait a few minutes, then try again.

If you're signed in to Find My Friends on more than one device, you might need to check which of your devices your friends can see:

• On an iPhone or iPod touch, tap Me, then tap your active device under Share My Location From. This choice only appears when you're currently signed in to Find My Friends on multiple devices.
  • On an iPad, tap the List button, tap Me, tap Info, then tap your active device under Share My Location From. This choice only appears when you're currently signed in to Find My Friends on multiple devices.
  • On an Apple Watch that uses watchOS 4, press the Digital Crown to see the Settings icon. Choose Settings > General > Location Services. Make sure that Location Services and Share My Location are turned on.
Sometimes this can also be because of poor signal in the area.

Let me know if this helps.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Cheers!

How is my sisters phone number different on find my friends than the one she has Now

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.