Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

phone 8 Plus ios 11.3.1 - siri says "Uh ...oh I can't make your phone call - only just started - was working perfectly well up till now. "

phone 8 Plus ios 11.3.1 - siri says "Uh ...oh I can't make your phone call - only just started - was working perfectly well up till now. "

Some numbers go through ok but mostly I now get the above response.

Switched phone off and on.

Anyone else encountering this - have a work out?

With thanks in advance

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 11.3.1

Posted on May 29, 2018 1:40 AM

6 replies

May 29, 2018 3:25 PM in response to boysieb

Hey boysieb,

I love using Siri to make phone calls on my iPhone. I'd be happy to help with why Siri's not able to make calls for you.

Restarting your iPhone is a great step. In this situation, I'd continue with the steps here:

Get help with Siri on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If Siri isn't available, or doesn't understand or respond to questions

Siri might say something like, "Sorry, I'm having trouble connecting to the network," or "Try again in a little while." This is probably a network issue. Check your Internet connection and try again later.

If Siri still doesn't work as expected, try these steps. After each step, try to see if Siri is working.

1. On your iOS device, go to Settings > Siri & Search, and make sure that Listen for "Hey Siri" and Press Home for Siri or Press Side Button for Siri* are on. Also, go to Settings > General > Restrictions, and make sure that Siri & Dictation isn't off.
  2. Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
  3. Go to Settings > Siri & Search and turn off "Hey Siri" and Press Home for Siri or Press Side Button for Siri*. Then turn both back on again.
  4. If you're using an iOS device, try to use Siri with a headset. If Siri only works when you're using a headset, get help with the microphones on your device.

If Siri still doesn't work, contact Apple Support.

Cheers!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.