Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone X GPS problems since 11.3.1

I’m not sure when it started but as of today I have been having issues with gps location on my iPhone X running iOS 11.3.1.

Both Google Maps and Apple Maps seem to have trouble holding an accurate lock on my position. It is an intermittent fault but it comes up often enough through the course of the day to be very frustrating.

I have tried resetting location services, rebooting, resetting privacy, but not sure what else to do.

Am I the only one with this issue? Anyone else? Any fixes?

Posted on May 29, 2018 2:24 AM

1 reply

May 29, 2018 3:54 PM in response to dhl_nz

Greetings dhl_nz,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities! I understand your location is not always showing as expected while using GPS apps with your iPhone.

You've taken some great troubleshooting steps to resolve the behavior. The following support article offers troubleshooting suggestions for when help is needed with Maps: Get help with Maps

If you can't find your current location on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

1. Go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services and make sure that Location Services and Maps is set to While Using.
  2. Make sure that you set the date, time, and time zone correctly on your device. Go to Settings > General > Date & Time. If possible, use Set Automatically.
  3. Restart your device.
  4. Make sure that cellular data or Wi-Fi is on and that you have an active connection.
  5. Try a different location or switch to a different Wi-Fi network.

If the issue remains, a helpful step to isolate this behavior would be to restore your iPhone using a computer with iTunes. Restoring the iPhone will reinstall the iOS software and will erase the iPhone in the process, so please make sure to back up your iPhone before processing this step: How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Once in factory settings, it would be great to test the behavior to see if the GPS shows your location as normal. You could then restore your backup after you've tested the behavior. See how to both restore the iPhone to factory settings, as well as how to restore your backup from the following guide: Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings

If the behavior persists while in factory settings, I suggest contacting Apple for further assistance: Contact Support

Let me know how the steps work for you.

Kind regards.

iPhone X GPS problems since 11.3.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.