Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: how do you recognise a genuine email from apple

hi does anyone know how to recognise a genuine email from apple? i received one saying my apple id has been compromised & that my apple id has been locked. I’m just not sure it’s genuine. It was sent to my yahoo account which is not the email associated with my apple id either. any help would be appreciated. Thanks,

Posted on

Question marked as Apple recommended
Answer:
Answer:

Start here:

Phishing & Other Suspicious Emails

Apple will always address you by name. Their spelling, grammar and usage is also pretty close to perfect.

Posted on

May 29, 2018 8:03 AM in response to vivienne39 In response to vivienne39

Email saying that an Apple ID has been locked or disabled is fake; forward it to reportphishing@apple.com as an attachment and then delete it. If that actually happens, the owner will be told when they try logging into it instead of through email.

(160967)

May 29, 2018 8:03 AM

Reply Helpful

May 29, 2018 9:01 AM in response to vivienne39 In response to vivienne39

The e-mail will be from @apple.com or @iTunes.com. E-mail addresses can be spoofed. You can go to Mail/View/Message/Show all Headers to see more. Apple e-mails will never contain an attachment. Apple will never request personal information such as Social Security numbers.

Avoid phishing emails, fake ‘virus‘ alerts, phony support calls, and other scams

Identifying legitimate emails from the iTunes Store

May 29, 2018 9:01 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: vivienne39

Question: how do you recognise a genuine email from apple