Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I need to access my iPad

My iPad mini is asking for activation lock when I access .. how to resolve it

Posted on May 29, 2018 7:57 AM

1 reply

May 29, 2018 8:06 PM in response to saranfrommysore

Hi, Saran!

Thanks for stopping by the Apple Support Communities. From your post, I understand that your iPad mini is prompting you with an Activation Lock message. I'm happy to help you get this taken care of!

Activation Lock is a feature of Find My iPhone that protects your phone in the event it's misplaced or stolen. In order to activate an iPhone while Find My iPhone is active, you must sign in with the Apple ID and password used to set Find My iPhone up under the iCloud settings on the device.

If you do not remember your Apple ID and/or password used to set Find My iPhone up, you can search for, and reset, them with If you forgot your Apple ID - Apple Support and If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support .

If you received this iPad from someone else, and the Apple ID used to set up Find My iPhone is theirs, they must remove the iPad from their devices at iCloud.com : Turn off Find My iPhone Activation Lock - Apple Support .

Have a great day.

I need to access my iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.