Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

UWP version of iTunes now in Windows app. store - full function?

UWP version of iTunes now in Windows app. store - is it full function?

The UWP or "Windows Application Store" version of iTunes is now available in the store.

Early reviews stated that it did not always recognize mobile devices, and did NOT provide sync. functionality.

Can anyone comment on the current situation?

I'm building a new laptop and would much rather use the UWP version ...

IF it will allow me to sync. my iPhone 6s to Microsoft Outlook 2010

THANKS for any help!

Posted on May 29, 2018 9:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 30, 2018 1:12 AM

Thanks tt2!

Some comments were lack of contact / calendar sync, saying it just handed music ....

Which doesn't make much sense to me ....

I'm surprised there has not been a little more fanfare about this release by Microsoft ...

Anyway, I guess I'll go with the UWP version and hope it will sync my 6s to my fresh copy of Outlook 2010.

I also need to update to 11.4

I've got my fingers crossed! I'll report back with the results...

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 30, 2018 1:12 AM in response to turingtest2

Thanks tt2!

Some comments were lack of contact / calendar sync, saying it just handed music ....

Which doesn't make much sense to me ....

I'm surprised there has not been a little more fanfare about this release by Microsoft ...

Anyway, I guess I'll go with the UWP version and hope it will sync my 6s to my fresh copy of Outlook 2010.

I also need to update to 11.4

I've got my fingers crossed! I'll report back with the results...

Jun 5, 2018 9:03 AM in response to jimbob5941

Ok ... I finally found time to get the job done today.

My old laptop was stolen, which made the process of setting things up a little harder.

But ... using tt2's amazing guides I was able to migrate my data, install iTunes from the Microsoft store and everything (including Outlook 2010 32-bit Contact and Calendar sync) seems to be working.

I only noticed two small things:

When you download iTunes thru the Microsoft store it apparently sets you up with an iTunes ID that is registered with the same credentials (or similar) to your store login....

So now you have two accounts in iTunes...

I logged in with my "old acct" and when I sync-ed I clicked the "Merge IDs" button and it went OK

The only other thing I noticed is that the folder location of the local backup that iTunes makes has moved ... maybe that's a Microsoft thing or maybe that's due to upgrading to a newer version of iTunes but anyway the backup is here now:

C:\Users\<user-name>\Apple\MobileSync\Backup

Thanks once again to tt2 for saving my bacon!

Jim

UWP version of iTunes now in Windows app. store - full function?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.