Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there anyway to tell which apps on my iPad Pro that are 32-bit as opposed to 64-bit?

I have read that Settings/General/About/Applications will give a list of 32-bit apps but on my iPad Pro with IOS 11.3.1 Applications says how many Apps there are but tapping on it does nothing. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

iMac 27-inch Late 2013-OTHER, OS X El Capitan (10.11.6), 3.5 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB

Posted on May 29, 2018 9:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 29, 2018 9:32 AM

An iPad Pro running iOs 11.3.1 would not longer have any 32 bit apps. They won't run on it.

Any 32 bit Apps that got left on the device if it was updated from iOS 10 would no longer open and issue a message about their 32 bit status.

If all your Apps open, then you have no 32 bit apps.

7 replies

May 29, 2018 9:39 AM in response to Vic Glassley

Vic Glassley wrote:

I have read that Settings/General/About/Applications will give a list of 32-bit apps but on my iPad Pro with IOS 11.3.1 Applications says how many Apps there are but tapping on it does nothing. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

That worked under iOS 10, with iOS 11, if you have ANY older 32 bit apps left on your iPad running iOS 11, they simply will no longer open and will give you a message about the app being a 32-bit app.

May 29, 2018 9:42 AM in response to Phil0124

My iPad does have some 32-bit apps on it because I get the message about them not being compatible. I have used the Settings/General/About/Applications on my I phone with 11.3.1 and it works as expected, gives a list of 32-bit apps, but not on iPad Pro... Was hoping that I did not have to try and open each app to see if it was compatible.

Thanks

Is there anyway to tell which apps on my iPad Pro that are 32-bit as opposed to 64-bit?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.