Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

False App Update on Icon

In addition to indicating an update is available, on the App Icon, the Round Red #1 NEVER GOES AWAY!

Is there a way to correct this FALSE notification?

iMac, macOS High Sierra (10.13.1)

Posted on May 29, 2018 8:49 AM

5 replies

May 30, 2018 4:24 AM in response to Carolyn Samit

This item is omni-present, it NEVER goes away. This has been a problem for + 6 months or more. Right now I am viewing. User uploaded file

When I click onto 'Later', generally, a box indicates "No Updates Available." The only time the red update number indicator disappears is when an update is performed only to have the indicator return in a day or two with false information.

Thank you for your interest but it appears as though I will have to live with this program malfunction for quite some time.

May 31, 2018 6:17 AM in response to Carolyn Samit

FYI

I think I found the problem. Somewhere down the line I earmarked for updates to be made manually instead of an automatic download thereby causing the appearance of the update #1 on the App icon.

I changed the setting yesterday, it hasn't appeared & I am keeping all my fingers crossed that the problem was finally solved.

Thank you again for your interest & input.

False App Update on Icon

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.