Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error Downloading a Photo - Photos failing to download from iCloud

Apple Photos is not downloading optimized resolution pictures from iCloud to my MacBook Pro. All I see in Apple Photos is a outline of a photo, and when I click on it I get this error, "Error Downloading a Photo. An error occurred while downloading a larger version of this photo for editing. Please try again later." See attached screen shot errors.

Here is my setup:

Photos Version 3.0 (3271.13.150)

macOS High Sierra Version 10.13.4

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Early 2013), 250 GB Flash Storage, 68 GB used / 200 GB iCloud storage

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Posted on May 29, 2018 9:13 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

May 30, 2018 7:16 AM in response to omegamanp

Hello omegamanp,

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities. I understand you've had some trouble with optimized photos in the Mac Photos app, and I have some information that may help.

In cases like this, it may be helpful to test the issue in safe mode. Doing so will help to isolate the issue to a startup item, and may also help resolve the issue on its own, as it clears some cached items.

Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac - Apple Support

If you run into any trouble, please reach out again.
​Best Regards.

Error Downloading a Photo - Photos failing to download from iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.