Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacPro with 2 different graphics cards?

I recently noticed in System Profile that my 6-core MacPro6,1 has a D500 in one slot and D700 in the other?

Is this a known configuration? I can't find any info on it.

I'm getting what seems to be sluggish performance in FCPX and wonder if this could be causing an issue. When i monitor the graphics cards it seems that only one of them is active at a time.

The D500 seems to be used for the GUI and the D700 for when I render either in FCPX or Compressor. But i haven't seen them both active at the same time.

Guess my main question is whether this configuration is a mistake and could it lead to performance issues.

Mac Pro, macOS High Sierra (10.13.4)

Posted on May 29, 2018 10:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 29, 2018 10:47 AM

whether this configuration is a mistake

yes it is. Standard configuration is two of the same type.

could it lead to performance issues

yes, your Mac will likely outperform the dual-D500 model when rendering. ¿is that an issue?

By design, one card does all the display interfacing, the other has No display hardware, and is used only for GPU computation without interruption (no starting over every 1/60-th second).

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 29, 2018 10:47 AM in response to RoundheadCreative

whether this configuration is a mistake

yes it is. Standard configuration is two of the same type.

could it lead to performance issues

yes, your Mac will likely outperform the dual-D500 model when rendering. ¿is that an issue?

By design, one card does all the display interfacing, the other has No display hardware, and is used only for GPU computation without interruption (no starting over every 1/60-th second).

MacPro with 2 different graphics cards?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.