Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to set password policy. mac server

Ref - Ver 5.6 (17S2102) Mac server

When I set the password policy for local network users all user details and password are lost the users details plus groups have no information. your not able to access your mac book via the network or change your password.

So we try to restore the OD info but this fails and we are still unable to access the MacBook or network, unless the mac server is stopped then users are able to access there mac book's.

So to fix this issue I have to remove OD, and start again and deploy OD and restore OD then we're able to access our MacBook's. So no password policy is enabled on the local network.

I've DNS, OD, groups, users and profile manager enabled.

Mac mini, macOS High Sierra (10.13.4), MacServer Open Directory

Posted on May 29, 2018 10:09 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

May 30, 2018 5:24 AM in response to BurnettP

Hi,

Looks like Open Directory is corrupt or not fully functional at all.

I would recommend destroying the current OD master with the command written here, reboot and for starters, import an older archive to see if that works. Do not enable every single measure in the password policy, but enable a couple and test for functionality. Slow and steady...

Otherwise destroy OD once again, reboot and start fresh with a new OD master. The archive might not be reliable.

sudo slapconfig -destroyldapserver

Goodluck

Jeffrey

Unable to set password policy. mac server

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.