Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleted Internal Disk drive, won’t enter into internet recovery mode?

I’m using the latest Macbook Pro I believe this is the 2017 no touchbar. I formatted my internal disk drive however when I tried reinstalling the OS, it said the preboot volume for AFPS could not be installed so I followed this FIX- Could not create a Preboot Volume for APFS install. So I followed all steps but I can’t seem to enter internet recovery mode as this appears. Please help. User uploaded file

Posted on May 29, 2018 11:04 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

May 29, 2018 11:12 AM in response to lazylover

in Internet Recovery, these low negative thousands error messages indicate that your provided Wi-Fi Network is inadequate in some fashion, and cannot be used in its current state.

Common problems include:

Hidden Network-name

required use of a proxy server to get Internet access

required use of a login page to get Internet access

Use of a login server or certificate to get Internet access

Use of PPPoE in the Mac to get Internet access (typically only applies to DSL)

Use of Fixed IP address rather than good old DHCP

Variance of the time by more than five minutes

Failure of Router to provide workable DNS server addresses, or providing 0.0.0.0 [may produce -2002f]

If you have an Ethernet port, you may in some cases be able to move your Mac close to the Router and connect to the Router using Ethernet.

The higher the number, the more obscure the problem.

Deleted Internal Disk drive, won’t enter into internet recovery mode?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.