Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

15" 2017 MacBook Pro Running High Sierra 10.13.4

Occasionally when I log on with Touch ID the display will start flickering out of control. If I am giving the computer some kind of user input it will momentarily stop flickering. However, if I was trying to read something on my screen it would be impossible and after a few seconds of rapid flickering the screen goes black until I move the mouse or type... then it repeats this cycle. It will go away if I restart my computer, but my Mac is less than 2 months old and I feel like I shouldn't have to deal with this issue. Has anyone else experienced something similar? How would I go about fixing it?

Thanks,

Thomas

MacBook Pro TouchBar and Touch ID, macOS High Sierra (10.13.4), Flickering Display

Posted on May 29, 2018 11:44 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

May 30, 2018 9:06 AM in response to wtwinslow

Hello wtwinslow,

Thanks for that info and choosing the Apple Support Communities. Based on what you stated, it seems you are having issues with the display on your MacBook Pro flickering, even though restarting temporarily fixes the issue. You can figure out if unexpected behavior is related to a user file or setting by trying to reproduce the issue from another user account. This process includes creating a new user account, logging in to it, and testing for the issue.

How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac

Next, reset the NVRAM and SMC on your MacBook Pro and test your issue again.

How to reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac
How to reset the System Management Controller (SMC) on your Mac

Cheers!

15" 2017 MacBook Pro Running High Sierra 10.13.4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.