Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Preview is Not Letting Me Open Some Photos

I had to take some screenshots of important documents for work, and I needed to open them. But, when I tried to open them, it just gave me a pop-up window saying, "The file “Screen Shot 2018-05-29 at 1.59.40 PM” couldn’t be opened because you don’t have permission to view it. To view or change permissions, select the item in the Finder and choose File > Get Info." I did exactly what it said to do, and it showed that I had permission to read and write, but it still won't let me open the file. I also did make sure that the image wasn't locked, and it was fine. What should I do about this?

iMac, OS X El Capitan (10.11.6), Cannot update,oldwith a DVD/CD Slot

Posted on May 29, 2018 12:44 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

May 29, 2018 4:18 PM in response to Stü_Live_Crew

Where are the screenshot files located? Are you able to open other files in the same location?

What system and Mac model are you running? How did you create the screenshots and were they saved initially to their current location?

Boot into Safe Mode, Mac OS X: Starting up in Safe Mode, and try to open the files from there. Any success?

it showed that I had permission to read and write,

Repeat the operation and set the Group and Everyone to read and write. Then try again.

Also can you copy it to an external hard drive and try from there?

User uploaded file

Preview is Not Letting Me Open Some Photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.