Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple one year coverage outside the USA

Hi there. I purchased my iPhone in the USA six months ago. As I live abroad now, does first and foremost Apple cover the cost of cracking a screen? If so, can I get it repaired at a store overseas?

Posted on May 29, 2018 11:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 29, 2018 12:07 PM

1. No. Accidental damage is not covered by warranty. Apple will repair the screen for the out of Warranty screen repair price:

iPhone Service Pricing - Apple Support

2. Warranty on iPhones is not international. Apple may restrict service of the iPhone to the country of purchase as per the terms of their Warranty:

Apple One (1) Year Limited Warranty

IMPORTANT RESTRICTION FOR iPHONE, iPAD AND APPLE TV SERVICE.

Apple may restrict warranty service for iPhone, iPad and Apple TV to the country where Apple or its Authorized Distributors originally sold the device.

Apple may still replace your screen at an Apple store outside of the U.S. however. Only thing you can do is take it in, and find out.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 29, 2018 12:07 PM in response to Heyitsdre1

1. No. Accidental damage is not covered by warranty. Apple will repair the screen for the out of Warranty screen repair price:

iPhone Service Pricing - Apple Support

2. Warranty on iPhones is not international. Apple may restrict service of the iPhone to the country of purchase as per the terms of their Warranty:

Apple One (1) Year Limited Warranty

IMPORTANT RESTRICTION FOR iPHONE, iPAD AND APPLE TV SERVICE.

Apple may restrict warranty service for iPhone, iPad and Apple TV to the country where Apple or its Authorized Distributors originally sold the device.

Apple may still replace your screen at an Apple store outside of the U.S. however. Only thing you can do is take it in, and find out.

Apple one year coverage outside the USA

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.