Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

needs to repair my library to run applications

I suspect that i recently updated my iOS software to macOs Sierra version 10.13.1 and then from then onward i had a problem with "macOS needs to repair your library to run applications. Enter your password to allow this.

But when i do it, it still pops up again and again and again. -what should i do.

James

iMac, iOS 10.1.1, its version 10.13.1

Posted on May 29, 2018 12:06 PM

1 reply

May 30, 2018 9:19 AM in response to Sikalimi

Hello Sikalimi,

Thanks for that info and choosing the Apple Support Communities. If I understand correctly, you are getting a message that your iMac needs to repair your library, but when you do this it doesn't complete and the message pops up again. First, try running First Aid on your hard drive with the built in Disk Utility tool, as this can correct simple issues like you're experiencing.

Disk Utility for Mac: Repair a disk using Disk Utility

Next, use safe mode to start up your Mac as it does the following things:

• Verifies your startup disk and attempts to repair directory issues, if needed
  • Loads only required kernel extensions
  • Prevents startup items and login items from opening automatically
  • Disables user-installed fonts
  • Deletes font caches, kernel cache, and other system cache files

Log into your user account and test the issue while in safe mode and then restart normally and test the issue again.

Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac ​
Limited graphics performance in OS X recovery or safe mode

Cheers!

needs to repair my library to run applications

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.