📢 Newsroom Update

Apple Intelligence comes to iPhone, iPad, and Mac starting next month. Learn more >

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces iPhone 16 and iPhone 16 Plus. Learn more >

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple debuts iPhone 16 Pro and iPhone 16 Pro Max. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is a Verizon iPhone X Factory Unlocked?

I just purchased a Verizon iPhone x and couldn't use it with att sim card! It says sim card is not supported. What should i do?

iPhone X

Posted on May 29, 2018 3:32 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 29, 2018 6:02 PM

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201328

15 replies

May 29, 2018 6:30 PM in response to hichamfrommcsherrystown354

$650 got you one you cannot use.

While Verizon was required to sell unlocked iPhones, that is not the case for other retailers.,

If the iPhone was originally bought from say Best Buy, it would lock to the first carrier used. Verizon can then unlock it if the want to however.

You'll need to return it to Ebay and ask for a refund. If it was advertised as unlocked it was misrepresented.

May 29, 2018 7:04 PM in response to hichamfrommcsherrystown354

Did you check for activation lock, as I suggested? Or would you rather risk being out $650?

A clean IMEI does not mean it was not stolen. As there is no reliable way to find out if the imei is “clean” you still don’t know whether it was stolen, or if the seller plans to report it stolen to collect the insurance after having your money. A very common scam.

The reason I keep harping on this is the price you paid is way below market, and if something is too good to be true it is usually not.

Is a Verizon iPhone X Factory Unlocked?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.