Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HomePod not working with some apps on Apple TV after tvOS and HomePod update to 11.4

I usually use HomePod as the speaker for my Apple TV.

I've updated my Apple TV to tvOS 11.4 and HomePod to 11.4 today.

After this update, when I select HomePod from AirPlay menu in Apple TV, the audio is working with some apps but not for all.

Not getting audio from HomePod for the apps like YuppTv, Crossy Roads and few other games.

However, it is working with Netflix, Youtube and other Apple apps.

Any help would be appreciated.

HomePod, iOS 11.4

Posted on May 29, 2018 11:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 28, 2018 11:28 AM

I would imagine it is up to individual developers to update their apps. Provide them with feedback.

tt2

11 replies

Jun 1, 2018 9:45 PM in response to macYeluru

Mine is also having trouble with Apple TV. Got my second HomePod. Updated it. Paired them. They appear as the pair on Apple Tv. And are selected. Tried a movie from ITunes Movies, purchased. Harry Potter HD. Sound comes out of TV. Played some Apple Music from the Apple TV. Sound comes out of HomePods in stereo and sounds great. Will try some additional apps to see how they do. Did try deselecting and reselecting HomePods as source and restarting Apple TV. Apple TV has all available updates. Going after audio settings next. Will update with any workaround I discover.

HomePod not working with some apps on Apple TV after tvOS and HomePod update to 11.4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.