Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone X volume button fail after water damage

today I tried to take some underwater shots with my iPhone X in 4 feet water everything was fine then suddenly volume up and down button stopped working then I realised and checked lci it was a bit red the phone is working fine except volume rocker volume up doesn't work and volume down is pressed continuously so whenever I try to increase volume from control centre it is lowered automatically I have put it rice container for last 4 hours and yeah 2times I saw some pink flickering on screen fo a second

please help

iPhone X, iOS 11.4

Posted on May 31, 2018 11:39 AM

6 replies

May 31, 2018 3:49 PM in response to fardeenfromdelhi

fardeenfromdelhi wrote:

I don't have apple care so will they try to dry or replace the phone or just ask for now replacement

Standard AppleCare doesn't come with accidental protection anyways. You're in India, judging from your username? For any kind of liquid damage it's really only going to be a full replacement, as Apple doesn't consider it really fixable. Corrosion does a real job on electronics. Others have given you the approximate cost, but if you're in India the costs may vary depending on the service provider.

If you can, you should back up what you have now to iTunes on a PC or Mac, and archive it.

May 31, 2018 10:05 PM in response to y_p_w

Read this article from Quora. It isn't the final word (you normally have that 😀) but it does show that Apple care is both available and honoured.

The point with India is that service varies so much due to the nature of private ownership and no fixed Apple prices. I always advise to shop around.

EDIT.https://www.quora.com/Does-Applecare-in-India-covers-accidental-damages

iPhone X volume button fail after water damage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.