Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch 3 No Sim No Connection

I've noticed multiple posts about the Apple Watch 3 showing "no sim" and "no connection." However, there has been no response or solution from Apple other than the copy and pasted text with links from Jonathan UK.

Has anyone found a real solution to this issue? I've been dealing with it for months. My Watch 3 (steel) has been sent to the "depot" for repair twice. This week alone, I've spend 6 hours on the phone with Apple, 2 hours with AT&T and a trip to the AT&T store. Still no resolve. Apple refuses to fix or replace my Apple Watch, which should be deemed defective.

My Watch not only shows "no sim" and "no connection", but also lists "unknown" for the EID. The Apple tech support people are perplexed. So why no replacement?

And please Jonathan UK, don't post your usual response to this issue. It's NOT helpful.

Posted on Jun 1, 2018 8:01 AM

5 replies

Jun 1, 2018 3:57 PM in response to stteve

Follow the instructions here to set up the built-in cellular feature on Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS + Cellular):

Note that a service plan is required for your iPhone that specifically includes support for Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS + Cellular), including the carrier activating the device on the plan. An activation fee and ongoing monthly cost may apply:

Apple Watch - Carriers - Apple

If you still need help, then, in the first instance, I suggest that you contact your cellular carrier for further assistance.Depending on your carrier's advice, if you then still help, contact Apple Support, make a Genius Bar reservation or visit an Apple Authorised Service Provider for assistance:

More information:

Set up your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Jun 1, 2018 6:01 PM in response to julieda

Well I Jonathan UK didn’t post his usual response to LTE connection issues. This time julieda (another Apple drone) posted the same copy and paste response that Jonathan UK would have posted. There must be some forum for these Apple “support” people to copy a generic response from. Come on Apple, can’t you provide actual responses and relevant support in these forums?

Jun 1, 2018 6:12 PM in response to stteve

You don't seemed to have read the Terms of Use when signing up here.

FYI, this is user to user technical forum, users (not Apple employees) like me volunteer our time to help other fellow users. Apple provides the forum but they do not take part here.

If you want Apple support use the link at the top of the page Contact Support.

Jun 1, 2018 6:32 PM in response to stteve

Please understand this is a peer support forum, so we can share our experience but we can’t speak for Apple, and it is unlikely any Apple employees will read this thread

You mention AT&T so I assume you are somewhere in USA. Your Apple Watch Series 3 must be still within its warranty period, and has a long standing problem which has already defied two visits to the local service depot. I suspect you may have bought the watch through AT&T so there is now an opportunity for AT&T and Apple at a local level to engage in finger pointing to push responsibility onto the other side.

My advice is to step back from the technical problem for a few minutes while you review the original terms of supply. Prepare a 1 page summary of the efforts so far. Try to establish who is responsible, where your contractual rights lie under the warranty and how you go about enforcing your rights. Check your rights under your local consumer “lemon” laws. When you have all the facts lined up you are in a position to make one final attempt to get the problem resolved. Make sure they know this is the third and final attempt with 2 strikes already down, but Be Nice to the workers you contact and try to avoid making them feel they have lost face. They have rules laid down and limits on their authority so you might have to have the problem passed up the food chain.

In the worst case you need to have the warranty anniversary clear in your mind, and make sure you leave a break point with adequate margin if it is necessary to escalate this to AT&T or Apple corporate headquarters.

Apple Watch 3 No Sim No Connection

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.