Question:

Question: Iphone 6s Battery suddenly draining

Why is my 2 year old iphone 6s battery suddenly draining? Just recently my phone battery has started draining. I kept it on standby overnight starting at 100% and in the morning it was at 1%. The usage was only at 30 min and the standby at 7+ hours so what is draining my battery?

iPhone 6s, iOS 11.4

Posted on

Question marked as Apple Recommended

Page content loaded

Jun 1, 2018 12:51 PM in response to beamanwaring In response to beamanwaring

Batteries have unpredictable behaviours when they are reaching the critical point of their life.

I would make a full backup of your iPhone as soon as possible, then I'd make an appoitment at your most convenient Apple Store to have your battery replaced.

You certainly know about the reducted price: $29 + taxes

Regards

Giulio

Jun 1, 2018 12:51 PM

Reply Helpful (1)

Jun 1, 2018 9:07 PM in response to ProustGiulio In response to ProustGiulio

theres something wrong. With the 11.4 update i have a new battery and had no issues until i got the 11.4 notification is when all of asudden my phone starts lagging and freezing at 50% health. Battery is only at 19% wear. When i did the update it got worse and started at 60% health slow touch response and it even shut off on me couple times. Ive had my 6s for two years with n issues until two weeks ago.

Jun 1, 2018 9:07 PM

Reply Helpful (4)

Jun 1, 2018 9:17 PM in response to ProustGiulio In response to ProustGiulio

To make things even better, you might not even have to pay for that. I walked in and told them about my IPhone X battery draining fast and they gave me a brand new one free of charge. It was an iPhone X though so I don’t maybe.

Jun 1, 2018 9:17 PM

Reply Helpful

Jun 20, 2018 7:50 AM in response to MSvdWal In response to MSvdWal

I’ve just watched my 6S, less than 1.5 years old, drain from 78% to 65% in the space of 7 minutes. I don’t use iCloud backups and have Siri turned off as well as all the data sharing for “improvements”. I don’t have notifications running in the background for a load of social media as I’m not signed up to any of them and I have background app updates turned off for all individual apps as well as the global switch. Apple, you could at least be somewhat circumspect about your plan to get software updates to make older devices obsolete. Yes, thisbis following the latest update to 11.4. The saddest part, I know you, as a company, don’t really care.

Jun 20, 2018 7:50 AM

Reply Helpful (4)

Aug 1, 2018 9:35 PM in response to craigfrompalo alto In response to craigfrompalo alto

I have an iPhone 6 and I keep it up-to-date all the time, I am not low on storage, and I always charge it like I am supposed to. The battery is a new one --I've had it for about a year-- it doesn't stay charged for long and it takes forever to fully charge. I can watch my battery drain without even touching my phone. It didn't start doing this until recently. I'm pretty sure this is all because of the new updates.

Aug 1, 2018 9:35 PM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: beamanwaring

Question: Iphone 6s Battery suddenly draining