Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch Music app stuck on install

I am not an Apple Music subscriber so I don’t really use Music on my iPhone so I uninstalled the app from my iPhone. When I got my Apple Watch, therefore, the Music app did not automatically install. I manually installed it from the App Store and it is now installed on my iPhone. However, it has stuck installing on my Apple Watch and just shows a progress pie chart which is at about 80% done. It’s been like that for about two days. Both the watch and the iPhone are on the latest software and I have restarted both devices, which made no difference. Anyone got any idea how I could do this? Thanks!

Apple Watch, watchOS 4.3.1, Series 1

Posted on Jun 2, 2018 12:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 5, 2018 3:30 PM

Hey iltym,

Thanks for following up and letting us know that you've tried those steps suggested. That's definitely strange that it's still not installing.

Go ahead and unpair the Apple Watch from the iPhone and then pair it again. When you unpair, the data will be erased from your Apple Watch but a backup is also created when unpairing. You can still make a manual backup here: Back up your Apple Watch

When you're ready, use these steps to unpair the Apple Watch: Unpair your Apple Watch and iPhone
Then pair and set it up again: Set up your Apple Watch

Keep us updated on your progress! Take care.
5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 5, 2018 3:30 PM in response to iltym

Hey iltym,

Thanks for following up and letting us know that you've tried those steps suggested. That's definitely strange that it's still not installing.

Go ahead and unpair the Apple Watch from the iPhone and then pair it again. When you unpair, the data will be erased from your Apple Watch but a backup is also created when unpairing. You can still make a manual backup here: Back up your Apple Watch

When you're ready, use these steps to unpair the Apple Watch: Unpair your Apple Watch and iPhone
Then pair and set it up again: Set up your Apple Watch

Keep us updated on your progress! Take care.

Jun 4, 2018 7:02 AM in response to iltym

Good morning iltym!

I understand you're having some issues downloading the Music app on your Apple Watch. I'll be happy to help.

Have you tried deleting the app from the Apple Watch to try to download it again? If not, try that now:

Apple Watch: Open the Watch app on your iPhone and tap the My Watch tab. Scroll to the app you want to remove, then tap it. Turn off Show App on Apple Watch, and wait for it to disappear from your watch's Home screen. To reinstall the app, scroll down to Available Apps in the My Watch tab and tap Install.

These steps are from If an app unexpectedly quits, stops responding, or won’t open - Apple Support

Let us know if this does the trick for you. Cheers!

Jun 4, 2018 8:39 AM in response to Joseph_S.

As the Music app is a built in app there is no slider which says Show App on Apple Watch so the only way to get it off and on the watch is by uninstalling it or installing it from the iPhone, which I have done. That did not seem to work as when I reinstalled it to my iPhone exactly the same thing simply happened over.

Apple Watch Music app stuck on install

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.