Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Missing photos

I had photos that I took and now they at are missing. Like they were deleted but I didn't delete them. How can I get them back? These photos were taken recently (like a week ago). I have not done a back up on my phone. But the phone does it one it's own every night.

Posted on Jun 2, 2018 12:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 4, 2018 7:23 AM

Good morning epickens00,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand you are missing some photos that you took recently.

I have not done a back up on my phone. But the phone does it one it's own every night.

I am not sure what you mean by this. If in your iCloud settings you have a backup enabled, then you have a backup of these photos and you can restore your device from the backup if necessary.
How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
If you take a picture with your iPhone right now, do you see the image in the Photos app?
How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
Manage your iCloud storage
Are were the photos taken a week ago saved directly to your iPhone, or do you have iCloud Photo Library enabled?
iCloud Photo Library​
Do these pictures appear in My Photo Stream? Tap Photos > Albums > My Photo Stream.
My Photo Stream​
epickens00, please reply to this thread with the additional information requested, and I'll do my best to help you with this!
Take care.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 4, 2018 7:23 AM in response to epickens00

Good morning epickens00,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand you are missing some photos that you took recently.

I have not done a back up on my phone. But the phone does it one it's own every night.

I am not sure what you mean by this. If in your iCloud settings you have a backup enabled, then you have a backup of these photos and you can restore your device from the backup if necessary.
How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
If you take a picture with your iPhone right now, do you see the image in the Photos app?
How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
Manage your iCloud storage
Are were the photos taken a week ago saved directly to your iPhone, or do you have iCloud Photo Library enabled?
iCloud Photo Library​
Do these pictures appear in My Photo Stream? Tap Photos > Albums > My Photo Stream.
My Photo Stream​
epickens00, please reply to this thread with the additional information requested, and I'll do my best to help you with this!
Take care.

Jun 4, 2018 2:37 PM in response to epickens00

Hi epickens00,

If the answers to all of my questions are "yes" then that means the only place you are not seeing these images is in My Photo Stream? My Photo Stream is separate from iCloud, so you should be able to see the images at www.icloud.com or on your device in the Photos app. Unless you ran out of storage space on your iPhone or in iCloud, the images should be there. If you don't see them, look in the Recently Deleted folder at www.icloud.com .

Take care.

Missing photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.