Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac painfully slow to login to

For the past couple of months I have noticed that my iMac has become drastically slower. Last September it took about thirty seconds to choose my account, enter my password and choose an app. Lately, when I login from one account to another, the screen turn black; it stays like that for five minutes before it lets me choose my account. When I finally login into my account, it takes about ten minutes for the computer to load properly, then another five minutes to open an application.

My computer is a:

• Mid-2011
  • Has a 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5 Processor
  • Has a 4GB 1333 MHz DDR3 Memory
  • Has 1TB Storage (227GB used up so far)
  • Is updated to High Sierra 10.13.5

My account is an administrator. I have no dodgy applications on my computer.

Is there a reason to why it is so slow?

iMac, macOS High Sierra (10.13.5)

Posted on Jun 2, 2018 4:09 AM

4 replies

Jun 2, 2018 4:10 PM in response to sombat92

As rkaufmann87 has already requested please download and run Etrecheck. Copy and paste the results into your reply. Etrecheck is a diagnostic tool that was developed by one of the most respected users here in the ASC and recommended by Apple Support to provide a snapshot of the system and help identify the more obvious culprits that can adversely affect a Mac's performance.

User uploaded file

iMac painfully slow to login to

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.