You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I delete sent messages

How do I delete a sent text message/picture

iPhone 5s

Posted on Jun 2, 2018 10:12 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 4, 2018 12:51 PM

Hello Vicki,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

I understand from your post that you would like to delete a message that you have already sent. Deleting a message only removes it from your iPhone message conversation and will not remove it from the sender's phone. The following article will provide you with the necessary steps to delete a sent message:

Use Messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Delete a message or conversation

When you delete a message or conversation, you can't get it back. So make sure that you save important information from your messages.

To delete a message, follow these steps:

1. In a message conversation, touch and hold the message bubble that you want to delete, then tap More.
  2. Tap User uploaded file, then tap Delete Message. If you want to delete all messages in the thread tap Delete All, in the upper-left corner. Then tap Delete Conversation.
Best Regards.
1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 4, 2018 12:51 PM in response to vickifromjasonville

Hello Vicki,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

I understand from your post that you would like to delete a message that you have already sent. Deleting a message only removes it from your iPhone message conversation and will not remove it from the sender's phone. The following article will provide you with the necessary steps to delete a sent message:

Use Messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Delete a message or conversation

When you delete a message or conversation, you can't get it back. So make sure that you save important information from your messages.

To delete a message, follow these steps:

1. In a message conversation, touch and hold the message bubble that you want to delete, then tap More.
  2. Tap User uploaded file, then tap Delete Message. If you want to delete all messages in the thread tap Delete All, in the upper-left corner. Then tap Delete Conversation.
Best Regards.

How do I delete sent messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.